The city of Sofia has the honor to host the First International Circus Festival, which marks the 125th anniversary of the Bulgarian Circus, which has brought Bulgaria so much success and glory in recent years.
Sofia is a place where the new and the old intertwine. Remains of the Thracian period of the city coexist with one of the main metro stations "Serdika". That is why the motto of the capital is "Ever Growing, Never Aging". A city where we have the freedom to feel like Roman warriors, like proto-Bulgarian cavalry, like Byzantine strategists, like Ottoman zapties and like tsarist advisers. We have the opportunity to jump back in time and go all the way - from the Neolithic to the present day. The architecture of the city allows us to feel equal to the most beautiful Western European cities.
The largest hall on the territory of the National Palace of Culture.
- Its area is 11,000 sq.m.
- Permanent (fixed) seats, armchair type. Total capacity - 3,380 seats.
- Reduced capacity - 2,800 seats or 2,000 seats.
- Ground floor - 2,100 seats.
- Built-in equipment. Air-conditioning installation.
- The hall has access for disadvantaged people.
How to get to the National Palace of Culture - [Map]
MISSION OF THE FESTIVAL
• To restore, develop and promote circus art in Bulgaria through international cultural exchange and creative international cooperation, as well as through educational activities, including the establishment of a professional circus school.
• To develop contemporary creative projects that are a symbiosis between art, sports, music, dance, visual arts.
• The Bulgarian circus is repositioned and its image in the international circus industry is excellent.
• Circus art in Bulgaria is an important part of the National Cultural Policy and State Strategy for the development and promotion of this art in Bulgaria.
• Circus art occupies an important part of education in Bulgaria at all levels.
OUR TEAM consists of professionals who have proven themselves in the circus community as former circus artists - winners of numerous international awards, art managers, and artistic agents, with many years of experience in organizing cultural events and managing one of the most prestigious circus agencies in Europe - Stefani Art.
The team has been invited as a Jury to one of the most famous circus festivals in the world - China, Vietnam, Australia, Latvia, Italy, and Ukraine.
UNIQUENESS OF THE FESTIVAL
• The only International Circus Festival on the Balkan Peninsula
• The first INTERNATIONAL Circus Festival in Bulgaria, with the participation of circus artists from around the world and an international jury of circus experts
• The first Circus Festival, held in HALL 1 of the National Palace of Culture
• Conducting the First Cultural Forum dedicated to circus art, with the participation of international lecturers - famous circus experts from the Cirque de Soleil, the Hungarian National Circus and the Ministry of Culture of Hungary, the International Circus Festival in Girona…
The festival is held from September 28, 2022, to October 1, 2022, in Hall 1 of the National Palace of Culture. It consists of 2 competition programs and a gala show of the awarded circus performances, as part of the program will make a national tour in several cities in Bulgaria - Plovdiv, Ruse, and Burgas.